Readers Beware! 5 Reasons Not To Read 'Behind Our Lives' by Charlene Carr
|Author Charlene Carr|
Charlene Carr on the Web:
Website Facebook Twitter Pinterest Goodreads Instagram
Author Bio: Charlene Carr is a lover of words. After travelling the globe for several years and working as a freelance writer, editor, and facilitator, she decided the time had come to focus on her true love—novel writing. Charlene writes fiction full of thought and heart. Her endings may not always be 'happy', but she always ends with hope. She is the author of seven novels and one novella. She lives in St. John's, Newfoundland and loves exploring the amazing coastline of her harbour town, dancing up a storm, and striving to live a life well lived!
Freebie Alert: The first two books in Charlene Carr's women's fiction series are available for free by signing up for her mailing list at www.charlenecarr.com/freeboks
Behind Our Lives by Charlene Carr: 5 reasons to avoid! Guest post by author Charlene Carr
- It's not an escapist read. I love what one early reviewer said about the book "No alpha male. No skinny, perfect blonde. No mansion in the big city. No exceptional sex. Pure, honest, scary, and hopeful ... realistic." This reader found the book too realistic. She reads for escape and wants a guaranteed happy ending. Which is cool. Life can be sucky. And if you don't want to face more struggle in your fiction, more power to you. Just don't pick up this one. If, however, you enjoy some struggle, complexity, and pain in your fiction because of the way it lets you see the characters grow and change, because it gives you a safe space to work through your own pain (cathartic release, anyone?) then Behind Our Lives by Charlene Carr. is probably an ideal read for you.
- It's not your formula romance. If you love stories where the couple meets on page one, hits a few bumps in the road, yet end up together in the end, then this is probably not your book. My only guarantee about Behind Our Lives by Charlene Carr is that this is a story of love. Powerful love. Love that transforms the people it touches. And any romance that comes into that love will be tenuous and scary. But worth it. Oh, so worth it. Whether it lasts or not. If you cherish the beauty of a love that's as exquisite and hard-earned as a diamond in the rough, this one's for you.
- Its characters are not always likable. Nor are they simple. They don’t always make the best choices or act in ways that are socially expected. They’re human. They’re honest and sometimes you’ll want to wring their necks. So if you prefer fiction with characters you'd be excited to invite over for tea or sit beside at your office party, there are thousands of books out there for you. But not this one. If, however, you enjoy a book that stretches you to open your mind and your heart, that gets you to put aside whether or not you like a character and just witness their (fictional) existence, you may glimpse traits in these characters that you’ve seen in yourself. You may question and grow, perhaps, to understand someone in your life (whose neck you’ve always wanted to wring!) just a little better. If so, grab a copy of Behind Our Lives by Charlene Carr.
- It's not a story that wraps up neatly and allows you to put it on the shelf once finished, never to return. First off, this is a trilogy. So, right from the start, be aware that aspects of the story will continue into the second and third books. (otherwise, why keep reading? ). One of the main plot lines reaches a conclusion in Book One, but it opens up other questions. So if you need your stories tied up tight once you reach the final page, forget it. If, however, you get excited about the prospect of spending more time with characters who've worked their way into your mind and heart (even if it's because you want to give them a good talking to about the fact that they seriously need to smarten up), then Behind Our Lives by Charlene Carr is for you.
- Okay, so I'm struggling to come up with a fifth reason to put off readers off. This is not a mystery, thriller, zombie, vampire, apocalyptic, erotic, crime, fantasy or middle-grade book. So, if any of these is your favourite genre, you'll be disappointed. On the other hand, if you love to explore life situations and relationships, Behind Our Lives by Charlene Carr is probably your cup of tea.
Behind Our Lives by Charlene Carr
|Behind Our Lives by Charlene Carr|
Broken by love, Lincoln Fraser is back in the city of his birth. He’s been abandoned, betrayed, and doesn’t see how he can ever trust again. Kali Johnson is stuck in a world that feels too much for her. Her husband’s gone, her son won’t talk, and her apartment is full of rats. Fearful she's failing at life, all she wants is a second chance to make things right.
When a freak accident places Kali and her son in Lincoln’s path, he feels no choice but to help this single mother and her child. Unprepared for the challenge of letting anyone back into his life, Lincoln is faced with a question—continue to shut himself out from the world or slowly let someone in?
Raw, heartbreaking, yet full of hope, Behind Our Lives, Book One in the Behind Our Lives Trilogy, is a story which will leave you wanting more.
Get this book here: Universal Book Link