Savage Payback - New Release by Seumas Gallacher
Today, MBB welcomes SEUMAS GALLACHER, who escaped from the world of finance five years ago, after a career spanning three continents and five decades.
As the self-professed 'oldest computer Jurassic on the planet' his headlong immersion into the dizzy world of eBook publishing opened his eyes, mind, and pleasure to the joys of self-publishing. As a former businessman, he rapidly understood the concept of a writer's need to 'build the platform', and from a standing start began to develop a social networking outreach, which now tops 18,000 direct contacts.
His first two crime-thrillers, THE VIOLIN MAN'S LEGACY and VENGEANCE WEARS BLACK blew his mind with more than 75,000 e-link downloads to date. The third in what has become the 'Jack Calder' series, SAVAGE PAYBACK, was launched late 2013.
He started a humorous, informative, self-publishers blog less than two years ago, never having heard of a 'blog' prior to that, was voted 'Blogger of the Year 2013' and now has a loyal blog following on his networks. He says the novels contain his 'Author's Voice', while the blog carries his 'Author's Brand'. And he's LUVVIN IT!
SEUMAS GALLACHER ON THE WEB:
- Where did you get the inspiration for this book? SAVAGE PAYBACK is the third in the Jack Calder crime thriller series. Jack and his colleagues are ex-SAS commando officers, When I worked as a corporate troubleshooter in the Far East, one of my engagements required an armoured car and armed bodyguards 24/7 for three years. The guys who looked after me were trained by a former SAS officer, who became a pal. That was the genesis of the characterisations.. The stories are easy to devise --- just watch the cable news channels and change the names to protect the guilty!
- Did it take you long to write it? From start to final edit, this one took about a year, as I believe I was continually honing my story-telling skills.
- What's your average word count per day? I don’t put any pressure on attaining word count.. I prefer to ‘sculpt’ the language and content as I go along. I edit and polish daily, which many people say I ‘shouldn’t' do.. I LUV when folks tell me what NOT to do!
- Can you sum up your book in a Tweet-sized sentence? former SAS officers combat international crime lords using their black ops skills.
- What's your next step? the fourth book in the series, KILLER CITY, is already Work-in-Progress
A series of coordinated lethal bomb attacks on a dozen jewelry stores in London’s West End drag former SAS officer, Jack Calder and his specialist security firm, International Security Partners, into a deadly mesh of murder and international drug running.
A black ops explosives expert, an ex-colleague turned renegade mercenary with a twisted lust for revenge, emerges from the past to join forces with a powerful and dangerous drug baron from Eastern Europe.
A major cocaine trafficker from South America compounds the threats as competitive turf issues straddle international territories.
Attacks close to home heighten the urgency for Calder and his team to find and deal with each of the three sinister adversaries in a final savage payback.
GET THIS BOOK HERE: